And for the sake of posterity, here's the email exchange that went with the edit:
Can you photoshop sunglasses on Tom? This is such a great shot but his eyes are closed.
Great shot? BETTER shot!
Since he's at a weird angle, there's not much I can do about how the sunglasses look photoshopped on. Sorry. A quick glance, however, and you can hardly tell!!!
I hope you don't mind, but I saw a few other "areas of improvement" so I went ahead and took a few "liberties".
- Bigger is always better, so I made the fish bigger.
- I didn't think it was fair that only one of the guys got a cigar, so i gave one to the other fella, too. Don't worry, it's very clean and you can hardly notice the edit.
- I adjusted the color and boosted the blacks -- basic photo adjustment stuff, really.
On the more subtle side -- some things you might not have noticed!
- I added an ominous red and black cloud cover, complete with a giant mutant octopus reaching down from the heavens to eat the earth. I thought that would make his catch much more impressive -- anybody can catch a fish on a sunny day, try catching one in the middle of the apocalypse!
- Also -- and this you PROBABLY didn't notice -- I include the USS Enterprise and Superman being chased by one of the giant mutant octopuses flying minions. It's incredibly subtle, but if you look closely in the top right, you should just be able to pick it out.
Hope you like it!
PS: if you hate beautiful things, I've also included a second version with just the sunglasses.
DA NOTE: I'm not gonna show the before. I think some people actually believe Hugh Laurie knows what Horbawrong even means.